Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased (via TomTom Home download) the Western & Central Europe Map and installed along with the existing UK & ROI map on to a 4GB SDHC card. All seemed well and I can switch from one map to the other with the card in the Carminat. However, while tinkering around today, in the 'Find' menu with the Europe map active, the only countries listed are UK and Vatican City. Is that normal or might something have gone wrong with the download/installation?

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
Recently purchased (via TomTom Home download) the Western & Central Europe Map and installed along with the existing UK & ROI map on to a 4GB SDHC card. All seemed well and I can switch from one map to the other with the card in the Carminat. However, while tinkering around today, in the 'Find' menu with the Europe map active, the only countries listed are UK and Vatican City. Is that normal or might something have gone wrong with the download/installation?
I think you'll find this is because your selected country is 'United Kingdom' and it's showing that and anything that's after it on the list. Presumably only 'Vatican City' is later alphabetically, that's all you get to see.

It's been a while since I've done it, but IIRC, you don't have to specify a country when navigating on the European map. Enter 'Paris' or 'Milan' as you'd normally enter 'London' or 'Manchester', and it should just find them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you'll find this is because your selected country is 'United Kingdom' and it's showing that and anything that's after it on the list. Presumably only 'Vatican City' is later alphabetically, that's all you get to see.

It's been a while since I've done it, but IIRC, you don't have to specify a country when navigating on the European map. Enter 'Paris' or 'Milan' as you'd normally enter 'London' or 'Manchester', and it should just find them.
Never thought of that. It makes sense of course. There was me thinking I'd got some kind of ecclesiastical version to take me to the Vatican. I managed to enter some French 'favourites' today so the rest of the countries are obviously in there somewhere. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
We had the same originally when I installed European maps to our 4gb card.

I can't remember exactly what I did but I think I went to the select country bit that only had Uk & Vatican showing and selected the "down" arrow which then allowed me to scroll through all the European countries!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
You've probably sorted this by now, but I now remember how I found the other countries.
Indeed it does only show Uk & Vatican City - because they are the last 2 countries alphabetically on the list. If you just scroll UP you then get to see the other countries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.