Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been announced that Casey Stoner will leave Ducati at the end of the season and join up with the Honda works team in 2011.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8804246.stm

Stoner really has been the only rider to be able to tame the Ducati and get results out of it,him leaving will cause a major re-think for the team.

And Rossi on a Ducati?.Mmmm.....it's a 'dream team' that could turn out to be a nightmare IMHO.

S

·
0 Posts
stoner's boots big to fill

To tame the ducati beast as Casey has will be a major task for his replacement.
But he will I think be better on the honda,not so much of a beast to handle.

Still ,a good race this wk end but not for those that spilled.

P

·
0 Posts
Re: stoner's boots big to fill

The rumour merchants are claiming that Rossi will take over that seat...I reckon his feet might be big enough :d

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,843 Posts

To tame the ducati beast as Casey has will be a major task for his replacement.
But he will I think be better on the honda,not so much of a beast to handle.

Still ,a good race this wk end but not for those that spilled.
He did manage to beat a 30 odd year old Italian with
a broken leg and a bad shoulder who hadn't raced for
a few weeks so he cant be too bad.

S

·
0 Posts

The rumour merchants are claiming that Rossi will take over that seat...I reckon his feet might be big enough :d
Yup Reckon they are but, a can of Red Bull may help though.

S

·
0 Posts

Still think anyone inc Rossi will have a job with the Ducati--afterthought.

DUCATI--pronounced doocati and not jewkatty!!

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,843 Posts

Rossi as been around long enough to have ridden
some real animals, he will be ok, having said that
up to now Stoner is the only one that's ridden the
Ducati that as managed to tame it, so we will see.

S

·
0 Posts

Yes whoever gets that ride will be hard pushed though, it will be interesting

S

·
0 Posts

Yes,he needs to do something he is underperforming on that bike,front end probs and no confidence in it, mind you, he can't be accused of not riding the pants off it but not so much now as he knows he will come a cropper.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts

If any body can tame that ducati Rossi can with the help of Burgess and the crew,looking forward to seeing him fly round on it and if he wins the world championship on it he will be the only rider in the sport to do it with 3 seperate teams a record again for Rossi..good luck to him..

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thats a very good point you make Ex,the riders are complaining that the Ducati is unrideable but the feedback that Rossi will give to his team and the expertise of Jerry Burgess (if he goes with Rossi) will soon have it to Rossi's liking.The Yamaha was a heap when Rossi joined the team but he still won his first race on it,if he does go to Ducati then it wouldn't surprise me if Rossi does the same on it next year.:)

S

·
0 Posts
Well if he can tame it he will indeed be a legend,it will be no easy task mind without a few spills and hopefully not much more, Valantino is of the age to become a bit brittle.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rossi will announce which team he is riding for in 2011 immediately after Sundays Czech GP,the odds are it will be Ducati.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
What a performace the moto g.p quaili was Lorenso crashing out and parking his bike on top of the crash barrier, and then Rossi also crashing out WASN'T HE MAD???
looking forward to tomorrows race...

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cal Crutchlow kind of let the cat of the bag on the BBC programme today....

It sounds as though Cal will riding a Yamaha in MotoGP,Spies will ride a works bike alongside Lorenzo,then Rossi will go to Ducati.The only thing left to sort out is where Colin Edwards ends up,it's looking likely he will swap with Crutchlow and go back to WSB.

Cal was stood next to us when we were watching the MotoGP at Silverstone,I wish I'd asked for his autograph now.:crazy:

Still no official announcement from Rossi though......

S

·
0 Posts
Cal Crutchlow kind of let the cat of the bag on the BBC programme today....

It sounds as though Cal will riding a Yamaha in MotoGP,Spies will ride a works bike alongside Lorenzo,then Rossi will go to Ducati.The only thing left to sort out is where Colin Edwards ends up,it's looking likely he will swap with Crutchlow and go back to WSB.

Cal was stood next to us when we were watching the MotoGP at Silverstone,I wish I'd asked for his autograph now.:crazy:

Still no official announcement from Rossi though......
Yes well I think he has done all he can (ROSSI) where he is and Jorge is rompimg away with it. On BSB the Honda's seem to be losing out and again on world superbikes but no doubt it will be addressed

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Slightly off topic, but I thought Randy did quite well today considering the time between his crash and now (4 weeks) not bad, I have to laugh at him cos of his mad riding style.

Its been rumoured for quite a while about the Stoner/Honda - Rossi/Ducati switch, don't know if JB will follow Rossi, he might just retire, which would be a shame.

I don't think Rossi got on particularly well with Lorenzo, stopped sharing info on setups etc.

Steve

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think theres a lot of respect between Lorenzo and Vale,but as you say they aren't exactly buddies.

It has now been officially announced that Rossi has signed a two year contract with Ducati....

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Ducati+announce+Rossi+deal+for+2011

....no word on whether JB will go too,I personally think Rossi needs JB desperately as the Ducati is known to be a difficult machine and he will need JB's expertise to try and tame it.

So the Italian Dream Team has finally happened,I hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare.:eek:

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
The Jobs done and dusted then Lag,can't wait to see his performance on the Ducati,
Stoner couldnt tame it but i bet Rossi can..:d:d

1 - 20 of 44 Posts