Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my daughter has a 54reg megane and wants to change the radio cassette player with a silvercrest CDplayer model number KH2377 i have the tools to remove it but will i need anything else to fit the CD player any help would be much appreciated

·
Diamond dismember
326 Posts
It's got the bog standard ISO connectors at the back, one for the speakers, and one for power, ignition, illumination, etc., so the two big rectangular plugs should fit right in.
They're keyed, so you shouldn't be able to mistakenly plug the power/utility plug into the speakers port by accident.

You can leave the yellow plug disconnected, although I'd wrap some foam around it, and tape that up, so it doesn't rattle behind the dash.
She won't be able to use the steering column remote with it, though. The yellow plug is for that and the external display.

You might want to fit the metal sleeve that came with the KH 2377, before connecting the wires and sliding it in, though.

·
Diamond dismember
326 Posts
so is there not a lead i can get to connect the wheel controls thnx
The simple answer: No. I had a look at the manual for the KH 2377 (which I found after a quick search on the internet),
and there seems to be no input for wired remote on it. :(

A more complex elaboration on the matter:
The different car manufacturers, and head unit manufacturers all have different systems for wiring,
not just with regards to connectors and their pinouts, but also voltages, signaling, etc.

The most well-known head unit brand names do offer adaptors to fit a wide selection of car makes and models.

I'll use my own case as an example:
I started by looking at a range of well-known and reputable head unit manufacturers,
making a shortlist of the models from each make that met my needs as far as possible, and pitched these particular models against each other.

Among the needs I had selected as crucial to my decision, was indeed the ability to retain factory steering remote and external dash top display,
and the availability of an adaptor that let me do just that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thnx very much for your help the daughter will have to get by without wheel controls much appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could alway get a CD version of the Megane radio from a breakers (if it doesnt have to be that player)

Or there are after market ones that do steering controls (with a converter)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts