Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.I have been getting a noise from my engine in the last couple of weeks so i got my mate to have a look (cause i know squidly about cars sorry) and he informed me that he thinks the catalyst is away.Then he gave me better news and said my 1.6 Alize has a 1 piece exsaust! so i would need a whole one.Now im still recovering from Xmas and skint.Does anybody have any ideas that may help my predicament.thax for your time
Marky :eek:

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Mine went and it cost me £190.00 to get fixed, and that was just the cat bit, was rattling like mad and did think, and hope, it was just a loose bolt, but unfortunatly not.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi pal when the car comes from the manufacture it always comes in one piece but as it has already been said there is doted marks on the pipe where it is to be cut for when you replace the old for the new piece thats to be replaced, i would go to your local Motor Factors first tell them the year of the car and the engine size and order the part once you have it you can use the new piece to give you a better idea of where the old pipe needs to be cut before replacing the new one as not to under cut it hope this helps all the best Donald

1 - 4 of 4 Posts