Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 laguna and the cd cover will not stay shut.Anyone got any tips .Other than "dont eat yellow snow" :) Cheers.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hi Spocktra,

I'm not sure about this one, I'm sure someone will be able to offer some advice tho.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Don't shut it!:d

Sorry, I presume you mean the door/cover that covers the cd player/changer.
Apparently you have to strip down the dash to get to the mechanism for this flap. One of our experts, Webcode, has managed a few repairs by not taking dash apart but without much success - it is very fiddly.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi just leave it:d not that good of a tip i know but other than taking it apart i can't think of anything else it might just be worth doing that if its going to solve the problem but do not eat yellow snow:rofl: cheers all the best

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's been for quite some time, but has anyone figured out an easier way to remove the console cover. Mine's surface is ragged due to the "environmentally friendly" material used to paint the cover, and the hot and damp weather we have in Taiwan. Have the same problem with the cover, the air con unit, the card reader facial and the cigarette bin cover. Was thinking of removing all of them and have them reconditioned with carbon fibre or other paint, and the only trouble is the console cover....:(

UPDATE: Been browsing, and it seems that removal of only the cover is doable and easy enough. Mentioned that it only involves unclipping. I had a look at the unit, and found two places that might be able to unclip, but I'm not sure (does not want to break anything, Laguna parts are bl**dy expensive in my country, only around 100 something Laguna's in Taiwan). Can anyone explain how the unclipping should be done? Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts