Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
Looking for help to find a compatable cd player for my 2000 Scenic rt. Does anyone know if model 22dc279/62t would fit? or if not which model I should be looking for. I currently have a radio cassette which has a curved fascia and has "tuner list" written on the front.
Also how easy is it to install, any instructions would be appreciated.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi marken1916

Sounds like the change we made to ours..cassette to cd player...two things you may come across to make it difficult,
first the face of the 22dc2279 is standard din,you will need a curved adapter to match the dash opening.
Next the display socket on the 22dc279 will be a square socket (C1 see link below).

TLCDCEmu - Hardware

I think yours will be a black plug in the wiring loom.
No problem just visit your local breakers and get the plug from a later model scenic or clio and swap them wire for wire as the colours are the same.

you could be lucky though as 2000 was the year the connector was changed.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
The 279/62T should be a Tuner List model with a curved front.
The 279/62 is the standard din which requires the fascia adaptor.
I sell these and others on the auction site!
Forgot to add. the plugs should be as shown in GLENDAS reference - 2 Standard ISO and Blue and Yellow Mini ISO's. Just insert knitting needle or something similar in the apertures either side, this will push a couple of 'springs' aside and then pull the unit out. Most come out easily but some can be stubborn so gently apply leverage either side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mickdoc... are you currently selling 2000 model scenic rounded cd players? If so, can you post me a link to where I can get one?
Many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts