Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a problem with my Renault Megan 1.6, 16V with doors locking. When I start the car, after a while doors will be locked automatically.

One of the back doors is also locked permanently which I can not open from outside.

Does anyone know about this problems?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Isn't there an option available on some renaults that would lock the doors after a pre-determined speed was attained? If so that could explain most of your doors! As for the door that doesn't open, sounds like something may have come detached in the door or a break in the wiring controlling the lock mechanism of that door.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the answer. The doors would lock after a minute or scuh and it doesn't depened on the speed - while my car is not moving it locks the doors. Also, the locked door can't be opened from outside not inside. Do you know how much does it cost to fix this problems?

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Hi there, no idea how much it would cost to fix as the route of the problem would have to be established first. A strange one. Cannot think would could sending the "lock" signal to the doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts