Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

At the weekend took off the drivers side rear door panel as door wouldnt lock when central locking is activated. Hoping it was the wiring but it was the central locking module itself which is knackered, anybody any ideas on how much it would cost new/secondhand.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Hi

At the weekend took off the drivers side rear door panel as door wouldnt lock when central locking is activated. Hoping it was the wiring but it was the central locking module itself which is knackered, anybody any ideas on how much it would cost new/secondhand.

Thanks
sure it is the module could it be the door lock it self it was on my espace cost £45 including post from second hand place which i got off this site had three answer all differant prices
tinker 2 john

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sure it is the module could it be the door lock it self it was on my espace cost £45 including post from second hand place which i got off this site had three answer all differant prices
tinker 2 john
Hi

It does seem like the module as it doesnt work or make a noise like on the other doors. Took it off and tested it with a direct 12v and nothing happens. The wiring side seems to be fine as when I press the remote you get 12v coming through one wire and when you press again 12v comes through on the second wire which I presumed is the way it operates on/off. Will look around and see what sort of prices I can come up with, thanks for reply.

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had 2 of mine that wouldnt work, one was the back door, and the other was the boot. when i put power to them the wouldnt move.
so i took them off, got a little screw driver on the case and just prised it open a fraction, and sprayed WD-40 into the central locking box, and they manually pulled and pushed the black rod up and down about 20 times. then connected it back up, tried the central locking again and it worked.
i did the same for my boot one.

i havent had a problem with any on the central locking since, that was a year ago.

the power only works a magnet pushing it up and down, they might be stuck like mine, where. or the coils have broke , which would cost you.

but try what i did, might save you some money..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is the central locking module located.I have a 1998 megane which i'm trying to upgrade the central locking and need to connect the control unit nesr it

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
On a '98 Megane the central locking control system is an integral part of the main fuse box under the dash on the drivers side.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts