Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Renault Cilo Dynamique 1.4 (2014). The fuel flap wouldn't open when I went to fill up. Hoped that this would be a simple fix, so after doing some research we managed to get it open manually from behind the plastic interior of the boot. Unfortunately after testing the central locking a few times, the fuse blew. Replaced the fuse with the same amp fuse and it blew again straightaway (this time testing it using the locking button on the dash).

I spoke to my local garage (who aren't affiliated with Renault) and they recommended to take it to a Renault garage as they will have the equipment to diagnose the problem. My nearest Renault garage is over an hour away and I have had issues with Renault overcharging in the past. So before I book it in, I'd be grateful if anyone has any suggestions to check/try? We'd like to check the wiring around the back of the fuel flap but it seems impossible to see.

Thanks in advance.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,491 Posts
I would see if I could disconnect the wiring plug going to the fuel flap locking bar and see if the fuse blowing stops, the first problem was with the fuel locking bar, maybe the solenoid has siezed and is drawing too much ampage for the fuse.

Reactions: SF23

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the tip. Just off to buy some new fuses and we'll give this a go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your advice, now seems to be sorted!

We located the motor and removed it (under the grey panel above the fuel door, remove the white pin to release), then put in a new fuse which hasn't blown after testing it. I'll be purchasing a lockable fuel cap rather than replace the motor.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,491 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Thank you for your advice, now seems to be sorted!

We located the motor and removed it (under the grey panel above the fuel door, remove the white pin to release), then put in a new fuse which hasn't blown after testing it. I'll be purchasing a lockable fuel cap rather than replace the motor.
I was going to say, mine never worked, obviously packed up before I acquired the car, I replaced the cap with one that uses a key :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts