Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new to the forum, so I feel awkward posting my first question. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to reset the central locking. The car doesnt lock when my wife drives off and as it is a security feature I need to know how to resolve the issue. My wife doesnt feel comfortable driving late at night, I know she can lock the doors manually but she does tend to forget.

Hope you can help

Xantia6660

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Locking yourself in

Hi - rememeber she may have to get out in a hurry in the event of an accident or in the case of fire. Sometimes it can be a compromise between feeling secure and personal safety.:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi xantia6660, I believe the "auto locking" is not activated as standard, to do so you need to press and hold the central locking button for about 10 seconds, you should then get a confirmation beep, then the doors/tailgate should lock when the cars speed rises above 6mph.

The doors will auto unlock when the engine is switched off or if one of the internal door handles is used when the car is stationary, at other times the central locking button must be used.

Hope it helps:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Chris M for the advice I went to the link you gave and followed the instructions it solved the problem :) I can relax now knowing that my wife is safe (from a security point of view :) ) I cant say from a driving point of view LOL. Thanks everyone fro the help and the welcome

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Locking Doors

HI Xantia - I take it your wife was concerned about her security whilst stopped at traffic lights, parked, etc. If the doors automatically unlock when the vehicle drops below below 6 mph - where's the point. Maybe I have got the situation wrong and if so I apologise profusely.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts