Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have just bought my clio,the problem is the central locking.The remote key does not work.i can lock both doors separately the car will not open BOTH DOORS/BOOT when i try either drivers or passenger doors with key,and yet BOTH DOORS AND BOOT lock with button inside the car.
I am guessing that with the remote locking not working that the ALARM is also NOT being activated. Is it worth a trip to an auto-electrician, or is there an easier fix that i am overlooking?
By the way,my car is 2002 clio dynamique.
Thanks in advance,JOHN.:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
my son got the same problem. it happened when the battery on the car was changed. am told that the key needs to be reprogrammed i've not been able to find out how yet.lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that, at least im not alone. I enquired at an auto-electricians and he said the key in the drivers door should still open both doors and boot, he tested key for free and said there was no signal coming from key.so needs looking into further. £40 quid to diagnose problem,then whatever needs doing on top of that.
Now the question is; IS IT WORTH IT?

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
I'm only able to connect via https at work, if you remove the "s" it should also work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Prickly
Read your plip advice with interest and fear. My Clio 04 central locks everything when you are inside it but won't lock either the boot or the doors from outside. Don't have what you have I don't think, plip wise.
Local garage not dealer, don't trust them any more, said it would be damp and water leaking in to the boot lock, without looking at it, part would me about £30. He now says it will cost about £120 with the labour, can't explain why it central locks when we are inside the car. Is replacing the boot lock 'pad'? Will look to see where the water is coming from, skylight leaked and was fixed,. partnere thinks we should go back to dealer but I don't. Have a spare key we hardly use which has the same problem so we have rule out the fault lies with the key. sigh. Here we go again.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,926 Posts
If it locks both doors and the boot from the inside it's not the boot lock, the door lock on the outside only opens or locks that door it as no effect on the other doors that's normal on the Clio.
Many Clios don't have a alarm only a immobiliser, if the red led in the instruments is flashing the immobiliser is on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Ralph

Thanks for fast reply, sorry I don't understand. Up till now we could lock the doors externally & often it would the lock the boot too, sometimes not, so I would click it again and the boot would then lock and the 2 doors would stay locked. 3 weeks ago it wouldn't lock the boot externally with the doors at the same time, it was one or the other, one would remain unlocked, and now it won't lock the boot externally at all.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,926 Posts
I took it you meant with the Key in the lock not with the blip er, if you do mean with the key actually in the lock then the ones I have come across only lock that door, if you mean with the blip er then they all should lock.

If you are using the blip-er and the boot is not locking then it's likely the lock motor but it could be in need of a clean and a drop of oil but if it's the motor then Renault only sell the complete lock.

Have a look here,

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=87976

Reactions: Nicky P

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear Ralph. Yes I meant with the blip.
Local garage says they could find no trace of it being damp however they have replaced the boot selanoid lock and it is now working again. The part itself cost £48 to replace and £67 labour charge.
Have only just seen Brandyandcoke had the same problem. Chris M told them to replace the card. I suppose the older Clio gets the more needs doing. Thanks for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts