Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya
i have been attempting to change the air filter on my van, i can see 4 torq screws across the top , but can't for the life of me see whats holding it together at the bottom. any ideas, and is this model a clio engine? such a tight little engine to work on.
ho ho before i forget the sump drain key is it 8mm?

thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
If it's the same as the Clio there's a big pipe on the right of the box with a jubilee clip take that off then the box as two rubber mounts at the front that you lift it off and then one at the back were you have to move the box to the left to get it off, it's then much easier to get the filter out, the other end to the screws is fastened by tabs that act like a sort of hinge that comes apart. There are some wires to the MAF on the right but they are long enough to leave in place and the wire to the EGR will need to be unclipped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the same area, where can I get a set of rubber mountings for the air filter box. I've got one missing and its driving me nuts when idling.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,927 Posts
Can't see them being available aftermarket so likely Renault or a scrapy can't see them being expensive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts