Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the battery in my Laguna II and I don't want to loose any of the settings in the radio, etc. Any suggestions about connecting temporary supply would be much appreciated.:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi the only thing i can think of is running a set of jump leads from another battery to your cars battery connections and then taking the other battery away and then replacing it with the new one all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Donald - I was thinking of something like that but thought maybe there may have been as easier way - I'll sort something out and let you know how it goes.
Again many thanks indeed.:)

M

·
0 Posts
Advise that you be VERY VERY careful in jumpering a second battery across as there are some horrendous tales of zapping dashboards, ecu's etc when changing or jumpstarting a batery. You can get a plug in gadget that plugs into the cigar lighter thqa will keep the radio from losing it6s code but maybe someone who has tried this can help.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I did mine with jumpleads to a good battery sat on the floor.Worked a treat had to be careful the jump leads didnt jump:rofl: off those crappy terminals though.(cut them off on my Lags and replaced with good old bolt ons)

I probably wouldnt have done it if I had thought about killing my dash:crazy:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changed battery OK but lost the radio code in the process - I turn on the side-lights first then connect donor battery - jump in the car switch off lights - then start - this eems to reduce the risk of a spike in voltage and only jump from a fully charged battery that isn't connected to another vehicle. All I gotta do now is get the code sorted.:)

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
there are a couple of forums that will give you radio codes for free but you have to be registered to them for a while before you can ask

all-;) ^^^
unlocker-;) ^^^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts