Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am changing my Update List head unit on my 07 Scenic II phase II for a Sony CDX - GT30RN so I can play my iPod/MP3 through it.

What will I need to do to remove the existing Head unit, Just the removal keys, Do I need to disconnect the battery which I am a bit wary of after all the posts on the Forum regarding problems after battery disconnection.

Many thanks for any info/help given

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi otto

If you are only going to remove the Update list tuner and replace with a Sony the iso connections will pull out and push in,no need to disconnect the battery as you will not be cutting any wires.

(the iso connectors will stop the wires shorting to earth).

Make sure you have the code for the Update list then you can reuse it.

:) :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi otto

If you are only going to remove the Update list tuner and replace with a Sony the iso connections will pull out and push in,no need to disconnect the battery as you will not be cutting any wires.

(the iso connectors will stop the wires shorting to earth).

Make sure you have the code for the Update list then you can reuse it.

:) :)
Hi Glenda

Yep have the code, I will be refitting the Update list head unit prior to disposal of The Scenic, not sure when tho first hint of trouble and it's off, Japanese for me then Im afraid.

The Sony head unit is the one sold by Renault thus the RN code.

Thanks for your Advice Glenda.

Regards

Ottoman
:)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Hello, Is this sony unit any good? I only want to play mp3's on cd. I have a tuner list , can i swap it out for this?.
I take it my steering controls will be defunct too.

Thanks.

Stu308

·
Registered
1 Posts
how do you remove the standard renault cd head unit? i just want to lift it out of the dash so i can plug a mp3 adapter into the cd changer inputs.

any ideas on what tools i need or where to get them?

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
If there are two or four small holes on the front then you can use a metal coat hanger suitably cut and bent into shape - works a treat :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts