Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

How much of a job is it to change tappets on the 2.0 16V engine on my Laguna 2.0S. It has a little tapping sound when cold which soon goes away, but if this gets worse i guess i'll need to change the tappets which are worn or sticking. I take it that these are hydraulic ones are they?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It might be an idea to change the oil and filter(using a flush) and using some good quality correct grade oil with a genuine oil filter.

I think I'm right in saying that your car has the Volvo engine in it(oil filler cap in the centre of the rocker cover),and as yet I am unaware of anyone having had to change the tappets.....but theres always a first time!:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like that is the engine yeah, its only done 70K too. I am going to change the oil next weekend and see if that helps. Thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
changing tappets on laguna 2.0D 16v

I also have big tappet noise on my laguna 2.0S 16v
I've tried changing oil, oil filter of course, new plugs, new exhaust, RedEx-ed the petrol... Am at a loss as to what to do next???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same with mine at 182k, hyd tappets dont generally fail but can get gummed or blocked orifices.

Gonna try flushing oil first myself too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts