Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need to change the radio in my Sports tourer, due to the fact that i have had to take the battery off and now the radio is asking for code, the local dealer can't help with the code as when the car was first registered there was very little information put down.

So i have been able to get hold a DAB radio for it, its a Goodmans GCE7007DAB.

I have one question with this as it looks to have a DAB areial on the back but this will be hidden behind the radio when its in Palce.

Can anyone see any reason why this would not work?, and if this does not work how would I go about adding an extra Areial for it?

Thanks for you advice

Matt

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Right, got the radio in the car, but having an issue as to where all the wires can go as when pushing the radio back in to the opening gets about half way in and then jams up as if something is stoping it.

Checked the size with the old radio and this is the same, so not sure whats stopping it from sitting in the open as it should, any ides any one?

cheers

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Right, got the radio in the car, but having an issue as to where all the wires can go as when pushing the radio back in to the opening gets about half way in and then jams up as if something is stoping it.

Checked the size with the old radio and this is the same, so not sure whats stopping it from sitting in the open as it should, any ides any one?

cheers
Hi,

All i can think thats stopping it? are the clips that are located on the outer edges of the radio that clip & secure it when in place? or the wiring is bunching up at the rear when your pushing it back in?,

Hope that helps Don

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
I can't help you with your query I'm afraid, but could you let us know what you think of the radio when you do get it fitted.

I'm considering upgrading to a DAB radio and would value your comments on sound quality, radio reception etc etc. Others may also be interested in a review at some stage, if you have time to oblige.

Good luck with the fitting issue.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I can't help you with your query I'm afraid, but could you let us know what you think of the radio when you do get it fitted.

I'm considering upgrading to a DAB radio and would value your comments on sound quality, radio reception etc etc. Others may also be interested in a review at some stage, if you have time to oblige.

Good luck with the fitting issue.
In my experience, DAB radios don't have better sound quality. In fact, a well tuned FM radio ought to be significantly better than the 128kb/s streams most DAB stations are using. Having said that, it often 'appears' better due to the lack of interference, and the range of stations on offer is much better :) I don't know what coverage across the country is like though, which is the final problem with DAB as I only have a static DAB radio.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, I have had the radio in the care a few weeks now and i would say , DON:T Bother with DAB radio.

I live on the outskirts of Manchester and its fine outside the house but as soon as you start to go anywhere loses singal and is unable to find it again, Have to switch back to the normal FM radio.

When i get into manchester the singal is picked up again and works fine, I agree there does not seem to be an difference with the FM radio and the DAB apart from more stations to choose from.

I am looking at putting a Normal FM Radio back in the car as it is not worth the effort of keeping switching from DAB to FM.

Thats is once I figure out how high my head lights are menat to be for the MOT due to it being failed on the light beams being to low??????

·
Registered
16 Posts
What kind of aerial did you use?

It is a bit tight in the dash, i had to remove the top storage pod, above the radio in mine to get all the wires in place, and fit that after the radio.

I have had a dab installed to my lag II for app 2 months now and its excellent reception (JVC KD-DB101), gives much better sound and clarity, i've not had a single issue yet with connection, and theres tons of stations it will pickup.

I installed a Kinetic DEGA-1001 external glass mount

i wasnt really keen on it at first as i would have rather had a hidden aerial, but i got rubbish reception from the internally mounted ones, and i wouldnt even bother trying the aerial splitters, i got no reception at all from those.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts