Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Has anyone else had such a horrendous time with overheating on my 2.1TD 1995 Renault Espace, as I have had ?

First head gasket failed 62,000 miles, replaced head gasket with original Renault one, had head skimmed, went again less than 10K miles. Had new head fitted and gasket fitted went again.

Finally rebuilt complete Renault engine fitted by Renault £3000 complete with new injectors, pump etc, I've now had the engine in the car for 18mths and the expansion bottle is pushing small amounts of coolant through the expansion screw top [replaced twice to be sure !]

How can everyone say that the J8S TD Diesel engine is or was reliable !

Any clues ? I am so careful with my car and it is in immaculate condition but SOOOOOOOOO unreliable. I just love the comfortable driving position and the car but what a nightmare this car is, you can never rely on it and you never know when it's going to go wrong again !

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum this is sounding lick a bad case of bad luck my friend or is there a under lying problem thats going undetected????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please can anyone tell me if a faulty thermostat would cause the system to pressurise, or is it likely yet again the head gasket causing the problem.

Is there anything other than a head gasket problem that could cause the system to pressurise, that I can try, please.

Regards

Charles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts