Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The British Hillclimb Championship at Gurston Down is one in my diary.:)

I am determined to go this year.Sounds like a bargain at a tenner each for a days spectacular racing.Anyone else going?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I can walk up hills faster than my Galuna!.I should take Renault to court for calling it a 'Sport'.:d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can walk up hills faster than my Galuna!.I should take Renault to court for calling it a 'Sport'.:d

:d :d :d

Never was a word more abused in the Motor industry eh " Sport " , Quiter than the old DTi tho :)

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yeah,it is a bit quieter than the dTi,and nearly everything on this one works properly,which is a bonus!.I do wish I'd put my foot down with a firm hand and held out for a 2litre 16 valve though......but hindsight is a wonderful thing.:rolleyes:

I've been promising myself a trip to Gurston Down for sometime now as it's quite local to me,and the cars that race there are pretty spectacular.The top class cars accelerate faster than an F1 car!.:d

:driving::driving::driving:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hill climbs can be very exciting and a great spectator sport if in a good position, Quite spectacular as you say very quick exceleration and grip, some engines just let go in a cloud of smoke and burning rubber, They used to have one where I stayed for many years but have not held one in a number of years now pity.

Hope you manage to go.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts