Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2016 Diesel Kadjar and a a warning light has appeared, check anti pollution system. I read on some threads on the net, drive the car on the motorway in 3rd / 4th gear can clear this . Car has only 19K miles, can any one advise what the problem is,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I had a similar warning on my 2017 petrol Clio a few months back - it was a faulty (C02?) sensor on the exhaust system, and dealer claimed there were two specs, the original and an improved unit. He said Renault had to confirm which to fit (under warranty), and whatever they fitted worked, the warning is gone.

I tried the 'fast drive at high revs' but the warning stayed on, I suspect it's not a realistic solution......

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,761 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 Diesel Kadjar and a a warning light has appeared, check anti pollution system. I read on some threads on the net, drive the car on the motorway in 3rd / 4th gear can clear this . Car has only 19K miles, can any one advise what the problem is,

Thanks
Are you just driving around town, 4 year old car less than 5k a year,
Would try the driving cycle first, but does sound like it wants a good thrashing to clear the exhaust system out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks to all who responded, drove the car on the motorway for 30 mins, problem still exists. Took the car to a Renault dealer and they found there was an oxygen sensor faulty. Lucky I had a 4 year warranty as it will cost £246 to replace. On the downside, they carried out a health check and found the back two discs were corroded and had to be replaced along with pads. What is more annoying they were perfect in the October Service, but yet 4 month and 1500 miles later they are corroded. Its going to £320 to replace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
More like you been ripped off as rear disks do corrode really doubt they needed changing. You can get o2 sensor on ebay for less then £60 original part too

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
1,961 Posts
. On the downside, they carried out a health check and found the back two discs were corroded and had to be replaced along with pads. What is more annoying they were perfect in the October Service, but yet 4 month and 1500 miles later they are corroded. Its going to £320 to replace.
Just refuse it then. Let the MoT station tell you they're unserviceable in a year's time. Our discs had 3 or 4 advisories before they finally failed the test.

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
1,961 Posts
More like you been ripped off as rear disks do corrode really doubt they needed changing. You can get o2 sensor on ebay for less then £60 original part too
I took OP to mean that it would be replaced under warranty and he was just being notified of the price. One suspects that warranty replacements are a revenue opportunity to offset the cost.Find something wrong to pay for it. Cynical.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts