Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Was looking for some help and advice.

I have a 2011 Automatic Diesel Renault Grand Scenic.

Car passed it MOT last week with no advisories.

I got in my car this morning to go about my day as normal and when I started the car started getting the following error messages.

- Check Auto Gearbox
- Check hill start assist
- Check ant pollution system

As well as these there is clicking coming from inside my gear box when the car has started.

When I try to put the car into drive the ***8220;D***8221; on the dash just flashes and the car does not engage into gear to move. Same with reverse.

I realise this could be a few problems and might not be an easy fix but was just looking for some general advice and similar stories/results. I just spent a fortune getting the automatic hand break fixed feel sick at the thought of shelling out a fortune again.

The guy from my local garage is coming out with a diagnostics machine tomorrow but was just wondering on the off chance if any you guys may know of a common problem or where should be good to start first in the long list of things that will need investigated.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
5,370 Posts
Me? ............I would not panic and first check on the condition of the battery and charging system ...............

For a vehicle to over night suddenly develop a fault in basically 3 unrelated systems is unusual .............. and the common factor there is a a possible bad battery

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

Was looking for some help and advice.

I have a 2011 Automatic Diesel Renault Grand Scenic.

Car passed it MOT last week with no advisories.

I got in my car this morning to go about my day as normal and when I started the car started getting the following error messages.

• Check Auto Gearbox
  • Check hill start assist
  • Check ant pollution system

As well as these there is clicking coming from inside my gear box when the car has started.

When I try to put the car into drive the ***8220;D***8221; on the dash just flashes and the car does not engage into gear to move. Same with reverse.

I realise this could be a few problems and might not be an easy fix but was just looking for some general advice and similar stories/results. I just spent a fortune getting the automatic hand break fixed feel sick at the thought of shelling out a fortune again.

The guy from my local garage is coming out with a diagnostics machine tomorrow but was just wondering on the off chance if any you guys may know of a common problem or where should be good to start first in the long list of things that will need investigated.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Hi, could you please update on how you've solved the problem. Just had the exact same problem!
(I'm driving a fluence 2012 turbo diesel 1.5dci)

Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts