Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2012 Megane. Prior to starting car, it shows on dashboard "Check injection system" and upon starting it, it shows "Check anti pollution system". I was told its Due to lack of regeneration of the diesel particular filter which has led to the failure of the turbo. Id like a better explanation about this PLZ :think

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Not easy to say. Really need more info like fault codes etc. I kind of find it hard to believe that theory, but for what its worth Ive changed more than a few o2 sensors on these newer renaults. Esp. Clio/captur/talisman.

How many km the car has?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ok, Same situation here.

I've a cheap code reader giving the following codes.

P0380 glow plug/heater circuit a
P0113 intake air temperature sensor 1 circuit high
P0102 mass or volume air flow a circuit low
P0670 glow plug control module control circuit / open
P0113 as above
P0102 as above
P0000 manufacturer control.

The P0380 code has been there for a while. I did nothing about it as the car continued fine and started fine. I wouldn't have known anything about this fault without the code reader. I haven't checked the flow plugs either.

Don't know when the two messages came - my daughter was driving the car for the past couple of months. I tried to clear the messages. When I cleared them they both cleared, but the "Check Injector System" message returned and the spanner symbol. The "Check Anti-pollution system" and EML remained clear although they have returned.

It's a 2011 1.5dci with DPF. 160000km.

The car continues to drive as normal. I would have said there was always a bit of a shudder around 1500revs in the higher gears. It's been there since day one, over 3 years ago.

Anyone.....

John.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,753 Posts
MAF sensor is at fault, that or the wiring, would go for it being the MAF.
Open circuit on glow plug module , glow plugs have had it, we have also ,,,, not to long ago, someone having issues with them, and this puts the car in limp mode

·
Registered
31 Posts
MAF sensor is at fault, that or the wiring, would go for it being the MAF.
Open circuit on glow plug module , glow plugs have had it, we have also ,,,, not to long ago, someone having issues with them, and this puts the car in limp mode
I'll try the MAF.I don't understand 'we have also ,,,, not to long ago, someone having issues with them,' but not to worry. I let you know how I get on. J

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,753 Posts
What I was saying. Someone a few weeks ago, had a problem with his heater/glow plugs, and this had put his car into limp mode. He changed all heater plugs, and he cured his limp mode.
Think it was a new one for most of us members on here, .
As we dont tend to associate a heater plug putting a car in limp mode, on the Renault range, Ford yes, Vauxhall yes:|

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gotcha.

After a very quick check, I found the MAP plug not inserted fully. My own fault in fact. Connected it properly and the lights are all gone after resetting with the code reader. One time starting since a generic "check vehicle" message appeared but it might have been because the code reader was still connected.

I went about checking the heater plugs and see 4 individual wires for the 4 plugs. So I plan to check the plugs back at the control module. I suspect it's just behind the passenger headlamp. It might be easier check there. Again, I'll update if I find anything.

Thanks for the help ours2012
J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts