Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I have Renault Scenic 1.5d(100)on a 2004 reg. I have noticed that if the car is pushed hard we get a orange service light and the words "check injection". this only appears to happen in 3rd, 4th an 5th gear ,never happened in 1st or 2nd. I think the car looses a little power but these lights go out and all is fine till the next time. not had it to Renault yet as they want £66.00 +vat to put it on the machine. Someone said it might be the glow plugs but it starts fine and this can happen when the car has been used all day. Any help would be great before Mr Renault bites another big chunck out of my visa.
Regards Duncan

Hi guys,
Had car in Renault garage today (Sat 9th June) for test on fault machine. They had the car about 1 hour ,came back to me saying they didnt find any code faults ,the car does have a problem but they cant find it, can you bring it back on Monday for futher tests. I'm taking this car to France this coming week on a touring holiday .
Anyone got a opinion what I should do next as time is moving on and I'm now a little worried.
Regards Duncan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome to the forum. It may be the EGR valve needs cleaning
Cheers Chris,

Its going into a small garage today for a service I will mention the EGR valve>I've also been told to have the glow plugs checked as this can give a "check injection" reading.
Duncan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts