Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
After the first time Renault said it was the battery and the problem happened again, I charged the battery to 100% but the 'Check Stop Start'. I did ask Renault whether the warning message reset itself if the battery went above 80% and they said Yes.
Not sure if they did run a full diagnostic but I would have thought so if they said there was no error messages showing!!??
About if the renault dealer can do another scan for all module systems and analyse faults code messages could help link to finding solution to the problem. Did they perform that diagnosis test.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,912 Posts
About if the renault dealer can do another scan for all module systems and analyse faults code messages could help link to finding solution to the problem. Did they perform that diagnosis test.
If you go back to post 15 you will find that Renault not only seemed to have run tests but also found the problem and advised BoardBabe.
Tisn't often that we see good coming reports of dealers but this one seemed to have dug deep enough.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,089 Posts
As promised..... my "check stop start" ("mandar verificar stop start" on my dash) came on again today. I disconnected the battery sensor, cleaned it up and replaced it and that seems to have solved it. For what it's worth, the car (Captur at least) operates fine with this sensor disconnected - no lights or anything. However the battery defaults to a charging regime which may not be good for an EFB or AGM battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this topic has come up in other posts but I still can't seem to find a solution to the problem.....
I have a 2019 Renault Clio and for the last year its been running fine.
I now get 'Check Stop Start' on my dash and Stop Start doesn't work. The button that allows me to deactivate Stop Start also doesn't work.
In the past when StopStart is running correctly a green A shows on the dash when I'm idle and the engine turns off. If the battery is below 80% or I'm running too much stuff (aircon etc) a green A appears on the dash with a line through it. If I use the button to deactivate StopStart I get a message on the dash stating 'Stop Start deactivated'.
Renault have had the car twice. First they reset the computer and charged the battery, that didn't work. Then they replaced the battery with a new one but this hasn't sorted the issue. They say it isn't coming up with any error messages so it must be because the battery is below 80%. However, if this was the case the green A with the line through it would show on the dash and not Check StopStart!!!??? They have indicated that it is because I do a lot of short journeys but I use my car in the same manner as I did over the last year when it was working fine.
Has anyone got any suggestions (apart from its the battery) that I can pass onto the Renault dealer for them to look at as they don't seem to have a clue?..............
When you replace an AGM battery in a car with stop start you usually have to reset the battery module otherwise it assumes it still has the original battery which could have been faulty. The module determines how much charge to give the battery and it controls the stop start function.
Okay when do you rest the system the agm

21 - 25 of 25 Posts