Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know how to check what version of maps I have on a 2009 Initiale Laguna Estate.

My radio is the Cabasse Tronic Carminat CD with bluetooth (no cd changer or CD/DVD in the glovebox).

Aslo does anyone now if version 32 of the maps comes with a system update. I've seen elswhere the french have a version 34 DVD which comes with a system update CD. I was wondering if their is any benifit to buying the french map update from another site just for the system update CD.

I might as well ask if anyone knows of any way to add a line input to this steroe. I don't have the "update" list and I have the factory blietooth. From my reading on this foroum am I correct in thinking the bluetooth has used the only input connector and that it's not a possibility. I was looking to later buy a Pure 200 and would have prefered a wired connection but looks like I will be stuck with FM.

I've all but given up on replacing the whole system with a tomtom system as I can;t for the life of me find a head unit with the beige surround so it would look odd in my car. I can find the display and control stalk on ebay easy enough.

Kind regards

Andrew

:grin2:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
I believe you are correct, the bluetooth unit utiilses the socket that an after market AUX cable would use, the only real way to check is to remove the Head Unit and see if there is an empty GREEN socket for a GREEN connector to go, then you might have a chance as long as AUX is a source input you can select.

the onyl way you will find out about UK update CD's is froma Renault Dealer, I would be a bit dubious about installing french firmware on machine, I realise its exactly the same machine, but if it defaults to French that woiuld make life interesting to say the least.

·
Registered
53 Posts
For this radio (Carminat CBCD) you can only use a special ACB (Audio Connection Box) from Renault (7711207550) to create an AUX possibility. The AUX needs also to be enabled by the dealer with the CLIP computer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts