Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some fast country road yesterday and noticed when I got home that I had some stone chips on the windscreen. Very tiny one's but now noticable to me. What I was wondering is - what stuff, if any, can be purchased to fill them? Any recommendations?

Cheers:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Davesss, food for thought there but I would like a recommendation as I don't wanna waste what little pennies I have at the mo for something that'll not bond proper. I know it's only £10-£15, but that's three weeks worth of 'baccy for me:d

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Why bother? most insurance companies will fix chips for nothing ... worth checking out :cool:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
I only have 3rd party F&T Truckbusuk

Didnt think that made a difference scatz, as even with TPFT the windscreen is usually covered is it not? maybe with an excess though?

:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didnt think that made a difference scatz, as even with TPFT the windscreen is usually covered is it not? maybe with an excess though?

:)
Na, checked my policy and it is not. Still I get my years no claims bonus in the next couple of months so will probably uprate to fully comp and sort it then.;)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, you could apply a small amount of superglue on the end of a pin to fill the chips before they get water/dirt in them and start to increase in size.

It won't look a perfect job, but at least it won't get worse.

Paul:)

Reactions: scatz
1 - 9 of 9 Posts