Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother, who lives in France, has a Citroen Picasso 2.0HDi with auto climate control. The interior fan has stopped working. The digital display lights up and responds to button presses. The fan speed indicator increases with each button press but the fan does not spin. I have asked him to set it to the max speed, but still nothing.

I know that the manual climate control system has a resistor pack that is known to fail. However, as this is an auto unit, I don’t know if it has a resistor pack or whether the fan speed is controlled in different way.

Any suggestions please?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,112 Posts
Bug orfe with your foreign rubbish!

It will be the same basic system though details may vary.
Could be motor (jammed or brushes), resistor pack or connections or fuse... though as it all lights up???

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha. The joke is, he has another identical model, but failed it’s Control Technique (MoT). It too has auto climate control. The car works fine and he drives it round his place every now and then just to keep engine etc alive. Actually he only drove it yesterday. This morning he went to it to check the blower system etc and it’s motor just worked for a second then stopped. Exactly the same as his other one. We cannot believe it. We were going to use it as spares.

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
3,794 Posts
It's "confitured". That's French for jammed. Could be resistor pack but might be some small débris (also french) has got in the way (de la manière).

sorry, couldn't resist

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that it is something more serious than the resistor back after further investigation. As it is auto climate control there are no manual knobs to turn the airflow deflector flaps, this is done by a motor drive and its position depends on the button you press on the control panel. This does not work either, although the digital display is working perfectly and says that the flaps/blower speed have been altered.

I suspect that it is all controlled by some 'brain' somewhere. It is just such a coincidence that the same thing has happened to two cars within 24 hours of each other. They are of a similar age though. both 2002 and both UK RHD models.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, every single one, under the bonnet and in the cabin.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,906 Posts
Can you open one of the doors for the VIN plate ( Sticker )
Should see an RP0 number (or post a picture of the sticker) post this.
Can then have a look at the wiring diagrams

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's my brothers car and he lives in France. It's 23:00 there at time of writing and he has gone to bed.

IIRC it begins with RHY...

I have managed to find wiring diagrams myself but looks like its all fed back to an A/C ECU.

Reactions: ours2012

·
37,906 Posts
RHY got that here on At*is software, but need RP0 number to use Citroen software/ diagrams

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I will ask him tomorrow and report back. Is it OK (safe) to write it here or better to PM you with it?

·
37,906 Posts
Write it here If not comfortable PM me with it

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He has got back to me and given me a photo of the VIN plate. It doesn’t have any RP0 number anywhere. It have the VIN (obviously) and the weights etc, but no RP0.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts