Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
Classic car show today 9.30 - 4.30 in Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes
sorry to late to get 'old girl' there today ! probably wouldn't take entries on the day anyway.

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts
Been to the AutoKarna. @ Wollaton Park, Notts.
Scored this, Being Resprayed & Chrome polished. Guess where it's going?

Attachments

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
27,178 Posts
That badge brings back a memory of when I was a kid..coming back from the beach in the back of my dads standard Vanguard phase 1 with an AA motor bike behind and him saluting me..:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts
They had an AA Man at Butlins, as in......................
"AA you can't do that there ere!" :smile2::smile2:

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry to late to get 'old girl' there today ! probably wouldn't take entries on the day anyway.
It was a good show & yes they were still taking entries early in the morning.
Rained a bit about midday.
There were loads of great cars there but this really grabbed our attention - Polaris 'Slingshot' classed as a bike & driven only on a bike licence, 40 in the country with about 4 being driven on the the roads.
Lewis Hamilton has 2 of them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
That badge brings back a memory of when I was a kid..coming back from the beach in the back of my dads standard Vanguard phase 1 with an AA motor bike behind and him saluting me..:grin2:

LOL he weren't saluting he was trying to tell your dad that another bit had fallen off...........:grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
They had an AA Man at Butlins, as in......................
"AA you can't do that there ere!" :smile2::smile2:

Quite right they did have an AA office and patrol at Butlins (Minehead) next to the fuel station. It used to be put to good use every Sat when holiday makers came to go home and had flat batteries, or the time when some local gang went around on the Friday night slashing tyres.

·
Premium Member
7,241 Posts
It was a good show & yes they were still taking entries early in the morning.
Rained a bit about midday.
There were loads of great cars there but this really grabbed our attention - Polaris 'Slingshot' classed as a bike & driven only on a bike licence, 40 in the country with about 4 being driven on the the roads.
Lewis Hamilton has 2 of them.

Hi

here is a review of the Polaris

Al

·
Premium Member
6,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers Al
Funny how they keep referring to it as a car ......... an impulse buy that can't be worked on & is not worth the money.

Rich mans toy
Thumbs down

·
Administrator
13,105 Posts
Sat in one of those at the last bike show I went to. Nothing nice about it at all!!

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,768 Posts
Sat in one of those at the last bike show I went to. Nothing nice about it at all!!
Possibly feels intrepid at 130 wiv ya bum 6" off the tarmac...... right intrepid >:)

But given the choice between one of them and a pink Stag, please miss, can I have the Stag?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
Why not an Ariel Atom ..been out in one with pro driver then I got a drive ...pro driver is cheek clenching

Reactions: HeatherJ
1 - 17 of 17 Posts