Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Clio 1.2 Expression that has a problem with the air con. Just as the weather starts to warm up typically the air con goes wonky.
It will only blow hot even with the setting on Min. I am not sure if its the air con or some sensor ?? As it blows hot even with the AC off.

Does anyone have any thoughts ?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi it sounds very like that the shutters on the vents are sticking open on hot air.With the engine not running but the ignition on when turning from hot to cold vice verser can you here or see the vent opening or shutting buy looking into the vents.I hope this helps all the best Donald

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no as you change up and down you hear the sound of the shutters opening and closing as you go up and down the climate temperature setting so I think they are operating. All fuses are intact.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
no as you change up and down you hear the sound of the shutters opening and closing as you go up and down the climate temperature setting so I think they are operating. All fuses are intact.
Hi it still maybe that the motor is still going back and forth but its not connected to the shutters anymore hope this not the case the only way as to test this is to see the shutters going back and forth all the best Donald.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts