Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st post here so hello all.

I have a 2002 Laguna 1.9dci.

Has been quite hot around here lately so have had the aircon set at 16 degrees on both sides. After about 10 minutes of driving (when the engine has warmed up) the driver side vents blow very hot air while the passenger side is still icy cold!!! The other half doesnt mind, she likes to see me suffer :steam:

Anyone got any idea what is causing this and how I may fix it!! I cant afford to go to a dealer and summer is looming.

Thanks in advance

Steve

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Hi,
there are motor controlled flaps behind the dash, it sounds like one has burnt out or got stuck. its not an easy job to do as the dash has to come out. first of all, I would go to an aircon service center, some check it for free and charge around 35 quid to top up, this happened to me, but it turned out to be a faulty seal on the piping and all the gas escaped, still one side blew cold and the other warm. there is another possibiity that the controller is faulty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What's the easiest way to find where my nearest Air Con Service Centre is?

I asked Renault and they wanted £85 just for a re-gas!

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Have a look through Yellow pages or Yell.com - there are numerous independents who can provide a service - some evn come to your door. I suggest you go for a complete service and not just a regas - ask around for prices.:)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
How much should I expect to pay for a full service and what would the full service actually include?
Hi
Full service usually includes:
draining of the system
vacuum check for leaks
replacing lubricant
refilling system
checking for leaks with infrared light

Kwikfit do somthing similar to this for around 45 quid. I had a similar problem to you on my 03 plate lag with climate and a recharge fixed it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're absolutely right! Kwik-fit do a recharge for £44.95. They also say if they can't improve the temp by more than 10% it's free. Although 10% isn't much.

HERE

·
Registered
31 Posts
That did the trick.

I took my car into Kwik Fit to get them to check it. They hooked it up to their air con servicing machine and decided I was devoid of both oil and gas.

So they vacuum tested it to ensure there were no leaks, then re-oiled and re-gassed and now it's nice and chilly.

It was only £44.95 to have it flushed, tested and re-gassed. Bargain in my eyes.

Also, my car doesn't make that odd vibrating noise between 2000-2500 rpm any more.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts