Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one confirm a query about the digital temperature adjustments. I note that mine will only go down to 16 degrees centigrade and no lower. Is that the lowest internal temperature possible or could there be a fault.
Thanks.
Normc3943

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Nope, that's just the way it works. If you want cold air on your face and the ambient temperature is below 16 degrees, you have to crank the passenger control up to 26 and the driver's one down to 16.

It's a serious oversight if you ask me, but that's the way they designed it.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you about the design fault, but you have at least confirmed that my system is not faulted.
Thanks for your comments
Normc3943

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
hi i own a laguna initiale to and my climate control only goes down to 16 think this is the lowest,it's a good temp don't want the toe's freezzing.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
My normal A/C not climate blows out cold air at 4 degrees.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
My normal A/C not climate blows out cold air at 4 degrees.
The climate control blows out cold air to this temp as well, just that the overall temp will be regulated to 16 degrees in the car.

With normal manual air con the interior just gets colder and colder until you decide to turn the temp up yourself manually.

We keep our climate control set to 21 degrees pretty much all year round ( maybe adjust up or down by one or two degrees in extremes) and that is a good temp. Keeps car warm and mist free in winter and cool in summer.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Same for mine, if you have the system on fully automatic - you will notice the fan speed changing and the a/c light illuminating as required (depending on the temp difference inside/outside the car.

Seems colder than 16 degrees though (but I don't mind that).

Paul:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can any one confirm a query about the digital temperature adjustments. I note that mine will only go down to 16 degrees centigrade and no lower. Is that the lowest internal temperature possible or could there be a fault.
Thanks.
Normc3943
Hi Normc, The numerical minimum settable is 16 degrees C. I am sure though that when you get to 16 degrees setting and press once more the minus control the display should display MIN without any numerical reference. It does on my Laguna I phase 2 Initial .
I hope this helps.:)
Regards Brian

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Hi Normc, The numerical minimum settable is 16 degrees C. I am sure though that when you get to 16 degrees setting and press once more the minus control the display should display MIN without any numerical reference. It does on my Laguna I phase 2 Initial .
I hope this helps.:)
Regards Brian
The Laguna I does have the 'min' and 'max' settings. Unfortunately, the Laguna II doesn't. That, apparently, is progress. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
You can of course get the temp to below 16 (though you won't know what the final temp is unless you have your own thermometer) if you take it off auto, have the ac on and put the fan to maximum...

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
You can of course get the temp to below 16 (though you won't know what the final temp is unless you have your own thermometer) if you take it off auto, have the ac on and put the fan to maximum...
I don't think that works either. Coming out of auto mode just lets you override the fan speed, the auto on/off of the a/c, and the selection for face/feet/windscreen output.

Even with the a/c forced to stay on and the fan set to maximum, the system will still mix hot and (possibly unnecessarily) air-conditioned cold air to achieve the selected cabin temperature. And that still can't be set lower than 16 degrees :(

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Really? If I have it at auto on 16 its fine but it always seems to get colder (eventually too cold - it does need a regas) with the fan at max - this should switch of all thermostat activity no?

perhaps cos yours is a phase II?

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Really? If I have it at auto on 16 its fine but it always seems to get colder (eventually too cold - it does need a regas) with the fan at max - this should switch of all thermostat activity no?

perhaps cos yours is a phase II?
Are you trying this in winter or summer? Give it a shot when it's cold outside, and I think you'll find that there's no way of getting cold air-conditioned air out of the driver's side unless you crank that down to 16 and the passenger's up to 26.

My Phase 1 Privilege's climate worked the same way. There's no difference between the two cars in that respect, other than the fact that they've integrated the climate control and keycard reader into a single panel.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Further down the line from my original posting. I recently had the climate control serviced and I now agree that 16 degrees is a fair minimum and any lower would be uncomfortable. Incidently I always use Automatic and it's on all of the time. If I require warmth I just increase the temperature setting.

Normc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts