Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there have recently had a problem with my Clio 05,

Started off with, when you put the lights on the rev counter and speedo do not light up on the dashboard which they are meant to do.

Then got pulled over by the police who had said my tail lights were on which i thought could have been related to this problem so checked the lights to make sure bulbs had not gone but these were fine. Also check the fuses once again all these look fine.

Now randomly put the fog lights on and the tail lights came back on for about 5 mins and also the dashboard light came back on (only lasted about 10 mins tho and went back off now i cant seem to get them working again)

Anyone have any ideas what this might be ?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,409 Posts
It sounds like a bad earth some were, the wires are connected to the rear lights by plugs these develop bad connections unplug then and see if they have any corrosion give them a spry with contact cleaner if you have it, or maybe WD40 or similar.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
It sounds like a bad earth some were, the wires are connected to the rear lights by plugs these develop bad connections unplug then and see if they have any corrosion give them a spry with contact cleaner if you have it, or maybe WD40 or similar.
When it comes to electric connections, I shy away from WD40. It's good for mechanic issues, though.
Contact cleaner is way better. Get some of that from the likes of Maplin or RS Components, and you should be all right.

Still, Ralph is right about the corrosion. It's a common fault, that I've seen not only on me own Laguna,
but on a couple of Meganes of some friends of mine's too.
Furthermore, it's mentioned about the forums here too, and my garage also is familiar with the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.