Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My old clio 2001 plate (petrol) will turnover fine but will just not fire. I have changed the crankshaft sensor as people tell me this is a common problem but it still wont fire. I pulled a HT lead off the plug, put a screwdriver in the end, put it to metal and could see no spark at all. I am now thinking it may need a new coil pack?? anyone got any ideas as I dont want to keep buying parts that may not be needed. Could it even be the ECU???? or anything else ????

Many thanks for any ideas or help??

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,876 Posts
Please dont play "Parts Darts" as its expensive, even if people swear blind the its the flux capacitor that goes on those cars etc.
I would remove all the plugs and put them into their respective HT leads, rest them on the engine, stand well back in the dim of dusk and have someone turn the car over for you, if 1 or more of the plugs spark, then it may not be the coil pack, if none of them spark, the chances of all 4 plugs going at the same time is really small, so I would then have to look elsewhere

p.s. if you see your own little firework display going on with sparks coming from all over the place it might just be the HT leads breaking up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I have done what you suggest, taken all the plugs out, plugged them into their respective leads and turned the engine over. NO spark from anywhere. Any suggestions ???

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,876 Posts
in the passenger compartment fuse box, bottom right hand corner is fuse 1 marked "UCE INJECT" and is rated 30A, this provides power to the injection ECU which in turn provides power to the Quadrupal Injection Coil Module, see if that has blown, there is also another fuse marked UCE INJECT but that one is rated 15A, it wouldnt hurt to check that one but it is not "directly" linked to the your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts