Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Just recently bought a 2006 55 plate Clio Campus Sport 1.2 16v Mk2 and this problem is only when the engine is cold and then the car seems to drive fine when its warmed up after a mile or so and it doesn't do it every time. If I start the car and don't drive off it will really struggle to tick over and the ignition light flickers on and off and the car wants to cut out. (I've noticed the idle speed is really low anyway when warm - about 500rpm, so don't know if that is right?) If I start the car and drive off and try and put my foot down flat, the car sometime will not even accelerate in first gear and it's like a cross between a big hesitation and also like having the brakes on whilst trying to accelerate! I get a 15-20 mph just with momentum and in between the big hesitations/no power you do get a little bit of drive. After about a mile or so when I get a couple of bars lit on the engine temp gauge, the car is fine, so it's only when cold. Anyone any ideas? I'm presuming it will be a sensor of some sort? Thanks ,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.