Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone just a quick query i have just recently changed the cyclinder head on my car the cyclinder head came off of a 1995 1.4rt auto and since i have put it on the car is drinking petrol and misfiring to the extent that you can pull 1 of the ht leads off and i only makes a slight difference could it be a weak spark

e.g clean the distrubutor cap out damaged valve i no for defernet it isnt the ht leads or spark plugs as they are new. and the car idles at about 800rpm and there is a loss of power inbetween 1000 - 2000 rpm and will stall very easily :steam: well thanks and hope to hear from somone who knows what it is. luke

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hiya chris thanks for the advise i have changed the distrubutor cap round with both sets of ht leads and there is no difference and yes the spark plugs are new and yesterday i cleaned the spark plugs and distrubutor cap with no difference the spark plugs were a biscuity colour which is apartly fine. also checked the order of the ht leads apartly ive been told it could be the tappets but these were set up a month ago when the cyclinder head was put in also ive read up that it could be the single port injection blocked so that has been taken apart and cleaned and a petrol aditive cleaner has been put through im running out of ideas it seems to be when u sat still it over fueling and the car juders backwards and forwards. the only other problem i can think of is the idle valve and do you know where it would be situated.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
I think I'm right in saying the cylanders are numbererd in reverse order to other cars, but not sure where I heard that) No 1 is closest to dizzy cap. I would check the TDC sensor next. It's located on top of the bellhousing under the dizzy cap and held on by 2 x 10mm bolts. It's magnetic and can get fouled up. Remove it and give it a clean with a rag then try again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts