Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one help me i have changed the starter moter and the new one makes a noise when i start it . took it to a garage and they said it was a fly wheel so i changed that and it is still making the noise.. i have made sure the starter has the right amount of teeth etc and still no joy
if anyone has a suggestion it would appreciated
ps still starts the car but makes noise when turning over
thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Are you sure the starter is lined up properly.I had this recently on a Clio where the locating dowel had not been re-fitted and the starter motor was slightly out of alignment....

Also,is the starter OK when you test it of the car?.

Was it a new starter or a second hand one?.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Noisy starter

I've seen this prob on numerous occasions - where either the dowel is missing or fitted in the wrong location.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:confused: :confused: the starter is brand new and the flywheel . the starter works fine when it is out of the car . tried the dowel as well even with no dowell . also tried it with only one bolt in loosly and it still sounds like it not meshing correctly thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi ,Agraudi, How many holes are in the starter front plate and how many holes are in the gearbox face.:) Also double check it's the right starter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi there there are 3 holes in the starter and geerbox. there is only 2 starters for this year and this is the only 1 that starts the car the other dosent even look at it hope this can help :(

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Noisy starter

When tested out of the car is the pre-engage solenoid operating correctly - does it throw the gear in and out cleanly and release fully when power is disconnected. Does the starter sound if its continuing to engage when the engine starts ot is it noisy when attempting to engage the flywheel ring. There is a possibilty the ignition switch is faulty and not releasing properly.:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks i will give that a try
yes the starter is working properly took it to a garage and they gave me the ok for the starter but they have no idea what else it can be any other ideas?????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went to the garage wi the car and when i was there i took out the starter and tested it in the car and out of the car still no joy
it does not seem to be the ignition.:steam:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts