Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When sat at idle the revs momentarily jump up to around 1000rpm and then drop down again. This happens approx. every 5 seconds. Likely to be EGR valve needing a clean ?
Also have the engine spanner light on. I read the code and it says glow plug control issue. Will investigate further over the weekend if its dry, but hoping its just a duff plug.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Buoyed with the success on my previous thread about the spanner light I thought I would revisit this one and see if I can get another minor problem solved.
I removed the EGR valve and the pipe that goes to it (or comes from it ?) and gave them both a good clean with Mr Muscle oven cleaner. A very messy job and cleaned a hell of a lot of gunk out of them. Reinstalled everything but the problem of revs rising then dropping at idle is still there.
Im pretty sure it isnt as bad as it was, but it hasn't gone away. Am I barking up the wrong tree with the EGR valve or maybe I need to clean it more thouroughly ?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No-one got any ideas on this one ?
Car passed its MOT with no advisories yesterday, which made me a very happy man. Just got this one slightly annoying outstanding issue to resolve, as it bugs me when something isn't right.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,134 Posts
does you engine have an Idle Control Valve?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,515 Posts
does you engine have an Idle Control Valve?
Uhhm, it's a diseasal, them ain't got one.

Bradders….
My first port of call would have been the EGR.
My second is that diseasals do often have a rough idle.... but how rough and whether normal is another question.
Perhaps you could video it, give us something to listen to and may spark ideas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts