Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope someone can help me, ive had a search but not found my exact problem.
Over the last week it has twice decided to throw a paddy when starting, and left us stranded last night. When the key is turned the engine turns over but doesnt fire then stops turning over, without releasing the key. If you turn the ignition lights on and wait a while it wont turn over at all. I went back to the car this morning with a new relay for the glow plugs thinking one of these was the problem as when i swapped a couple around i managed to stop the glowplug light coming on the dash. However i tried the new relay and the same symptoms happened without it starting.

Called my breakdown people, and before they got there i tried the car again and it fired up. The breakdown guy tested the battery and thats charging fine. And its run the rest of the day fine but obviously its worrying you cant rely on the car. Also turns out this problem has happened to my wife on the odd occasion but has always starting after a few minutes.

Some help/ideas will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope someone can help me, ive had a search but not found my exact problem.
Over the last week it has twice decided to throw a paddy when starting, and left us stranded last night. When the key is turned the engine turns over but doesnt fire then stops turning over, without releasing the key. If you turn the ignition lights on and wait a while it wont turn over at all. I went back to the car this morning with a new relay for the glow plugs thinking one of these was the problem as when i swapped a couple around i managed to stop the glowplug light coming on the dash. However i tried the new relay and the same symptoms happened without it starting.

hi.

I have the same problem whit my dci clio.
did you find out what was the problem ?

many thanks.
Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.