Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
So.....Hearing an irregular clicking noise from the engine I believe it to be eminating from the alternator freewheel pulley. I picked up a used alternator with the exact same p/n and got about to changing it out today. Nigh on three hours later I have the offending item removed. The pulley seems a little more free to freewheel than the replacement item so hopefully I am on a winner but what a complete [email protected] of a job. Sum total of parts removed to allow my shovel hands in there.
Drivers wheel arch liner, Front bumper, headlights, crash bar, intercooler with both pipes, diesel filter and washer bottle, Once the alternator was free I still could not get it withdrawn from the engine bay so had to unbolt the a/c compressor and manoeuvre the alternator out.
Going back out now to try and bolt it all back together with the replacement alternator......

Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
Is this clio 2/3 or 4 and what year..thanks for the post 馃檪 OK scrub that Mk3..I must read titles ..lol

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
So...three hours later and it is all back together. No more cracking / tapping noise. I swear it also sounds altogether smoother and quieter but most likely that is just my wishful thinking.
Also took the opportunity with the headlights out to change out the led side light bulbs. One had failed and the other was dim. Guess the cheap Chinese jobs I have need to be changed yearly. Also fixed up the front bumper. A few broken clips and tabs after my daughter finished learning how to park in our drive.....
Anyway, I will see how it runs and give an update if there are any further issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts