Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new to the forum so I hope you all can help me - at the moment I'm pulling my hair out with frustration I own a 2004 Clio 1.5 dci 65 it has acquired a rumbling noise in the front which sounds like a wheel bearing, so I changed it & the noise is still there so I changed the other wheel bearing & the noise is still there so now I've changed the gearbox for a secondhand one & the noise is still there !!!
The symptoms are rumbling noise when driving it gets louder the more I increase my speed it sound like a n/s front wheel bearing & gets even louder when I instantly turn right - forgot to mention iv even put a secondhand n/s hub on just incase I had a dodgy hub. So all in all its cost me a fortune to change these bits & the same noise is there - please please can someone help as don't want to sell it for spares or repair as its mint with only 54k on the clock & iv owned it from new ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi the n/s cv has been changed but I was thinking could it be the 3 inner bearings ( on the shaft) with the needle rollers be the cause ?
I've spun the rear wheels & bearings are realy quiet.
il swap the wheels around & try that ,cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've swapped the wheels around & I even swapped the the rear drums around & the rumbling is still there & gets louder when I turn right - my head cooked :-(

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's a known problem
Ns brake caliper change it
While your there change the discs and pads
Let me know***128077;
Why brake caliper would make that noise? Im suffering the same problem on my clio,
When i accelerate its quiet, once i drop the foot of the gas the noise begins with little vibration on the chassis. When clutch is pressed the noise goes away and same on neutral, but on any gear with no foot on the gas it makes noise

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,844 Posts
The brake caliper is mounted on 2 pins, the pins and the bores they slide in ware
the caliper is quite a heavy lump and starts to rattle about, mine does it when the engine
is pulling at low revs, but it's quite expensive so you need to be sure it is that, does it disappear
if you lightly touch the brakes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The brake caliper is mounted on 2 pins, the pins and the bores they slide in ware
the caliper is quite a heavy lump and starts to rattle about, mine does it when the engine
is pulling at low revs, but it's quite expensive so you need to be sure it is that, does it disappear
if you lightly touch the brakes.
Ill check if it dissapears while braking.
If the caliper is same as the 1.5 dci kangoo , i might have one for free. Need to check about it

·
7,844 Posts
There are 3 different systems and several differing models but you may get lucky.

·
7,844 Posts
The ns wheel runs in all the crap water and often potholes, the off side as a easier time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts