Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so quick background, my car died, trundling along at 60mph and engine pumped out white smoke and then the engine ran away and boiled then cut out. basically today i took the rocker cover off and no valve damage, no white gunk mixed with oil, engine hasnt seized. but taken out the injectors to look at a compression test and 3 of them have had the ends melted.

really im looking for some idea as to what caused the problem, i have sourced some more injectors but want to know if its worth investing the time and money in a 2002 1.5 dci 52k on the clock

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
Fiat Panda Multijet 1300 Diesel
5,432 Posts
It sounds like a turbo failure but the melted injectors is a new one on me, have a look inside the pipes from the turbo to inter cooler if you have one or from turbo to head and look for oil quiet a bit of it.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Sounds like the turbo oil seals failed and the engine ingested its own oil. If the engine isn't stalled quickly then the engine will suffer severe internal damage.

The temperatures must have been very high to melt the injectors and I wouldn't be surprised if piston damage has occured along with crank bearing damage. The pistons are made of aluminum alloy which has a lower melting point than the steel of the injectors.

In all honesty a replacement engine would probably be the best remedy.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.