1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clio1.5 dci 2004 82hp 60kw engine
Car cut off on the motorway, after scanning with diagnostic tool it showed
Df127 supply voltage sensor
So far we checked every sensor, changed few of them car still didn’t start.
We changed 3 ecu’s, car burnt all of them. If anyone has any ideas i would be greatful since i really need my car at the moment. It wouldn’t start for 3 weeks now and i have no idea what to do anymore. Also car shows that pressure in fuel rail is 2020 bar. A bit impossible if u ask me. But that’s the case… every ecu we changed, showed exact same thing. 2020bar and df127 supply voltage sensor.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,841 Posts
STOP !!!
Just stop thrashing around before you make matters worse, if you already haven't.
Sorry to be blunt but you are not helping yourself with blindly swapping over whatever.

What do you mean 3 ECUs burnt???

DF127 often relates to Fuel Pressure sensor and the improbably pressure reading strongly suggests that it is this sensor that has failed, I suggest you concentrate on that and prove one way or another.
It could be sensor, it could be a short in the wiring to ECU from that sensor.
It could also be that there is a short to another sensor and that is dragging the normal 5v feed from the ECU down.
But I doubt the latter given the high fuel pressure reading.

On the sensor, Pin 3 is the 5v supply Pin 2 is the pressure feed, 0v with ignition on, around 1.2v when cranking, pin 1 is earth and typically 0.5v as via the ECU

·
22,841 Posts
3 ecu’s stopped working after trying to crank the car.
Stopped working??

Pressure sensor is on the high pressure manifold.... not a straight rail if similar to the 1.5 Scenic
Follow a high pressure pipe back from any injector and you should find something looks like a spider.
This....... sensor has the electrical connection
Auto part Household hardware Metal Fashion accessory Titanium

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,180 Posts
What are you calling the Ecu's picture of what you have changed would help

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what i have changed along with egr, fuel filter, 4 injectors (since i had them stored in garage thought that might fix the issue) MAF sensor, fuel pressure regulator. Other sensors were checked by an electirican and they are working in their normal range. Ecu’s after cranking the car wouldn’t show any data on diagnostic tool. They were sent to an electirican for reprogramming. I don’t have exact picture of my ecu since they are with electrician, but it looked similar with this one.
Product Rectangle Camera accessory Font Gas

·
37,180 Posts
SO ecu not showing Diagnostics, and for this reason ECU was condemned ..
Or are we missing something
How do they know ECU has burnt out, would be one hell of a spark the minute battery is reconnected.
Sounds like a fuse has blown in the under bonnet fusebox, or fusebox itself
What MK is the clio MK2 MK3 or MK 4
Sounds like a MK 3 , and if yes , how have the injectors been coded into the ECU

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It’s clio mk2, injectors were coded by a mechanic via CLIP i believe. Car has been in the repair shop for 3 weeks, since that guy is working only on Renault cars, however he wasn’t able to fix it. It just kept showing df127 supply voltage sensor and 2000 bar in rail pressure. He told me that he checked everything, and that he couldn’t solve it. I’ll most likely have car towed to my place tomorrow or the day after. I can agree with u about the fuse, since im not familiar with ecu’s being blown

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked the fuel pressure sensor, everything seems ok, stripped down the cables, followed them to the ecu, everything is okay. Any more ideas? I’m desperate at this point. Could it be that sensor is reading wrong pressure and should be replaced?

·
37,180 Posts
have a look on ytube on how to do a leak of test on your injectors .
start there,

·
37,180 Posts
Check the leak back, because they are new does not mean they are OK
When you say new, as in BRAND new or reconditioned
IF reconditioned these would have stickers on to code the injectors in, as the numbers on the top wont match the internals

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IF reconditioned these would have stickers on to code the injectors in, as the numbers on the top wont match the internals
They are reconditioned, they do have stickers for injector coding. I’ll check that frist thing in the morning beacuse i have school…

·
22,841 Posts
I know, but i just checked eletrical connection. Could the problem presist in the rest of the sensor, that goes into spider.
Yes.
It is an electronic pressure sensor, basically resistance changes with pressure.... or should.
Yours seems to be reading high.
Which suggests an internal fault.

I can't find resistance figures at the moment but with no pressure I would expect resistance between pin 2 and 1 to be low and between pin 2 and 3 to be relatively high.... I suspect yours may be low between 2 and 3.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Injectors showed little to almost nothing after cranking for 30 seconds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes.
It is an electronic pressure sensor, basically resistance changes with pressure.... or should.
Yours seems to be reading high.
Which suggests an internal fault.

I can't find resistance figures at the moment but with no pressure I would expect resistance between pin 2 and 1 to be low and between pin 2 and 3 to be relatively high.... I suspect yours may be low between 2 and 3.
What would be the solution?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts