Independent Renault Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you can't test it, swap it...about 20 pounds in UK
It’s about same here, i’ll try it, should i disconnect negative terminal on battery for 20 minutes for ecu reset? Since i think,even if i change the sensor, and the codes are still on car wouldn’t start. I don’t have diag tool. My father took it with him to work, won’t have for a week.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,856 Posts
Disconnect battery for safety.
If it is a permanent code, it will not reset but if the pressure reading is right, should not stop starting.

If and when you swap, if it fires up, great.
If it doesn't, check that pressure reading before moving onto anything else.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Unfortunely, i don’t have diag tool till friday, but what can i say is that noise when cranking the car feels like it needs like a tiny bit to turn on the car. Cranking was weak before changing the sensor. But i guess without diag tool right now, there’s nothing else i can do…

·
22,856 Posts
That's about it I'm afraid.
If pressure reading is still high, then the assumption would be something else..what is a different matter.
Could be wiring or ECu swaps or???
I suppose pressure regulator on pump could be full open but guessing in the dark and that is not the way to go.
If and when you get diagnostics, check the fuel pressure.
If still high, unplug the pressure regulator on pump and try again, see if any difference

When it is cranking, does the sound seem right...nice whirr whirr whirr?
Or slow or fast or simply whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

If you squirt in some Easy Start when cranking, will it fire?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It won’t fire with easy start, it actually kinda starts then shuts down. Cranking is nice and seems fine. Honestly i think it has something to do with the wiring to the ecu, that i can’t and don’t know how to fix. It’s either junk yard or renault expensive fix…

·
22,856 Posts
No, it shuts down :(
There's something wrong there and maybe we are looking in the wrong direction.

A diesel only needs two things to run, fuel and compression.
If you are squirting in Easy Start and the engine has compression, it should run for as long as you are squirting Easy Start.
Nothing on the control or electrical side will stop that.

If it will not run on easy start, compression is suspect and most likely reason for that to suddenly disappear is timing has altered.
Has anyone checked the belt?
Or the timing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
While squirting easy start, car is turning over but not connecting it fully… could it be compression related, it’s so weird to cut off mid driving… i honestly think there might be broken wire problem, just don’t know how to track it.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,184 Posts
This part you changed, is it a Delphi Part, if yes Did you check part numbers are the same, If wrong even by 1 digit then IT WILL NOT work

·
37,184 Posts
DID you check the numbers, not on the package but on the actual sensors

The stop light flashing is a good indication here
All you need to do, take the plug off and connect back your old sensor light goes off WRONG sensor fitted

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
DID you check the numbers, not on the package but on the actual sensors

The stop light flashing is a good indication here
All you need to do, take the plug off and connect back your old sensor light goes off WRONG sensor fitted
I think u don’t understand it’s my bad for sure beacuse i posted dashboard now and not before. With both sensors, dashboard is looking completly the same.

·
37,184 Posts
but you did check, please say you did, or you have the old one, and you can still check.

would be also checking timing , just to be sure, as the timing belt turns the injection pump, and the injection pump gets its info from the cam sensor, cam senor is on front cover, around the area of injection pump.
the cam sprocket is held in place bu three small bolts, and these have been known to come lose

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
but you did check, please say you did, or you have the old one, and you can still check.

would be also checking timing , just to be sure, as the timing belt turns the injection pump, and the injection pump gets its info from the cam sensor, cam senor is on front cover, around the area of injection pump.
the cam sprocket is held in place bu three small bolts, and these have been known to come lose
I did check it. It’s dark outside know, so i’ll have a look at cam sensor.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts