Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through a undecided patch car wise at the moment, and have found myself tempted with the idea of getting a Clio 1.8 RSi.

Anyone got one or had one, and would like to point out any pros and cons please (am looking at 1993-97 models).

Cheers :d

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Matt not a car i have ever owned but i would like to:d i had a friend that owned 2 and was well pleased probely way he went back for the second time,its like this any of these car have normally been and lived in hell if you know what i mean so if there was any advice i could give is pay little extra for one that has the lower miles on the clock,iam sure there's no need for me to be telling you this so good luck and happy hunting all the best Donald

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well you must know the usuals on Mk I Clios Matt, sunroof leaks etc, I did hear RSi brake pads are hard to source
Yeah, got a fair idea Chris, just wondered if anyone on here has got one or had owned one and could give me some pointers ;)

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not too easy for child seat access. Hang on I bet thats the plan!!!
:rofl:

The original plan was to part ex the Laguna for a Scenic, but I've changed my mind and reckon it will be more practical with two cars.

The Laguna will stay at home, so the OH can use it as and when she needs to and the Clio (if thats what i get) will be mine to use for work and back ;)

Was thinking of getting something like a 1.0l Fiesta etc, but after a chat with my insurance co., have decide to get something thats a bit more fun to drive etc ;)

Found this one........... RENAULT CLIO RSi 3dr Hatchback - Auto Trader UK

Is very tempting! Only 10,000 miles more than the Laguna and it's 10 years older :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts