Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have owned my Clio 15 dci for about a year now .I have had this knocking/ banging noise when I went over small bumps and pot holes. Over the past year I have changed suspension legs and spring, both wishbones and all the anti-role bar bushes in an effort to eliminate this annoying noise, about a week ago I noticed some brown liquid on my drive, after investigation I removed the top engine mount and found that it had come from inside the mounting rubber. It seems to be some kind of hydraulic damper as well as engine mounting. I ordered a new one from Renault and fitted it today and behold the knocking and banging has gone. Hope this information will be of help to someone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I just picked up a Clio 1.5 dci today and on the drive home I noticed banging over pot holes and a huge amount of drivetrain shunt when lifting off the accelerator or switching the engine off.

First thing I did when I got home was wiggle the top mount and it feels very loose (compared to other cars - this is my first Renault).

So I registered here to see if top mounts are a common issue and low and behold ... mount replacements it is!

Can I ask how much Renault charged for the mount? I can't log onto GSF for some reason at the moment.

Did you change the other mounts at the same time? How easy was it to swap?

Apologies for the rapid fire questions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.