Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys sorry for making a new thread, but i have a weird problem on my clio 2004 172 that i need to sort fast.When i got car this year in May i had problem of car that sometime not starts nothing inside of car is working (except dash lights on key position 2), engine not cranking and few days after car run fine everything worked whole summer until few days ago.Now i had problem that sometime i have solid immobiliser light but only sometimes if i trick it with fast key turning and cranking, car crank maybe 2 second about 3-4 turns but engine not fires up.Sometime car runs fine like nothing happend everything is working and sometimes i can start engine normally but nothing in car works(windows lifters, wipers, headlights nothing is working at all)and sometimes when i turn car on, all electrical components in car goes rapidly fast on and off, i also hear relays near the uch knocking like hundred times in second.Problem is very individual it is not every time same sympthom.Need to say car is fully functional everything is okay and mehanical and electrical.I opened uch unit everything seems okay(to me) i was also blowing uch carefully with hot air, 3xuch fuses are okay, alternator is charging normal, tried to wiggle uch wires and connectors, ecu wires and connectors, fuse box wires and relays also.Battery earth is okay added another big ground wire on to engine and gearbox still same.I have working second hand uch with excatly same numbers(all of the uch numbers)like mine bought it for just in case.So what i am assuming is the moisture problem in uch because car was excellent during whole summer and now about 10 days after started raining i have this problem again.I know i made a veeery long story but need your experiences to sort this out.Thank you guys in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
I am confused what you need help with? you have already worked out that your problem is water ingress? so you need to find out how its getting in, and stop it from getting in?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts