Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,ive just popped onto this forum as im thinking of buying a 2001 clio sport 172.is there anything i should watch out for,and how do you rate em.thanks :)

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Renault Forums, I'm sure the Clio guys will give you some advice soon,
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums R.d.

As Leroy says lots of Clio owners on the Forums, Have a search through the Forums under Clio and you should find some useful info that is common to all the Models.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hi there! welcome to the forum!!

Have you found a car that your thinking of buying or just thinking about it at the moment!

andy and mark would be more than welcome to give you some advise on these wee beasties!! They are wicked little cars and have been tweaking 5's and clio's for the last ten years so know them back to front now! Not sure where abouts you are in the country however we have had people bring cars over to us to check over before they go ahead and buy them so thats always an option too!

Bex

GDI Ltd

01480 860001
Grey Devil Industries :: french, german, japanese performance parts and upgrades
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all,thanks for the welcome :) ive got my eye on i nice silver 2001 model with 60k on the clock.looks very tidy and looked after.its at a car dealer in bristol that ive got very good relations with,but i dont think they know too much about em myself.then again,neither do i lol.as its done 60k im led to believe that a service is due(is it every 12k?) and maybe the cambelt (72k or 5 years???),i havent checked the service history yet,but they didnt mention these items in their speil yesterday (like they hoped i wouldnt notice)oh and its only got 1 key,are they expensive? thats my only concerns at the mo.i dont wanna spend a grand on routine maintenance in the 1st month or so :(

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
welcome bud, i too have just bought a 172, was unsure of it myself so asked the same question., not really much too look out for. On viewing a few i could spot the ones that had been trated badly, excessive tyre wear etc and a lot of worn leather seats and steering wheel.Make sure you got a good service history with it if it has done a few miles, the 172 should be serviced every 12000 miles/2 years which ever soonest and your right on the cambelt72k or 5 years. Apart from that they are cracking little cars, very very quick and you can get 40+mpg if you drive it normally!! im getting about 23mpg at the mo tho!!! keys are expensive on renaults-about £100-150
Good luck on the hunt.

forgot to mention that the dealership offered me a lifetime warranty for the car for only £499, doesn't cover electrics??? or a lot of other things, had my mate in the trdae check it out-he said it is rubbbish as renaults common faults are electrical!! mines got a radio display fault already-getting sorted at the dealer tommorrow

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys,ive just popped onto this forum as im thinking of buying a 2001 clio sport 172.is there anything i should watch out for,and how do you rate em.thanks :)
hey mate just baught a clio 172 51 plate they are really fun to drive havent had a problem with mine yet ( only had it a week so fingers crossed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts