Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm basically very close to buying a particular Clio 182 however one thing has stood out (of what is an unabused 182):

From the seller
Nov 2010:
Replaced timing belt, aux belt, cam seals and resealed camcover and oil decantor (Nov 2010, £1100)

Aprol 2011:
Replaced water pump and aux belt kit replaced (April 2011, £600), Renault have carried out a health check last week.

Now I'm in two-camps, either the garage couldn't pin-point a loss of oil or squeek or slip etc so did the job twice? Or its just good maintainace?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there & welcome.

What mileage was covered inbetween invoices?

I suspect that it was the water pump which needed replacing (on the second invoice), that wasn't performed at the first visit - probably due to cost reasons, which has come bacj & bitten the seller in the backside.

If there is a regular mileage between the 2 invoices (showing it hasn't been off the road in a workshop), it really wouldn't bother me.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Serviced Oct 2010 (57309 miles)

Nov 2010 (£1100)- Replaced timing belt, aux belt, cam seals and resealed camcover and oil decantor.

April 2011 (£600)- Replaced water pump and aux belt kit replaced.

Current mileage 58,890 miles.

Something isn't right. Its only covered 1,000 miles Oct-to-April.

You are right. Yes the owner could have just used another car however with the work above it does seem like he was trying to rectify a failed pump or similar.

Thanks. Any tips on what to avoid etc (or link to common things to check muchly appreciated).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts