Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, clio dead, i have to hold my key blip right up against the roof mounted receiver to deactivate the immobiliser.
Now the system has died totally, have removed the trim and sealed the offending water ingress via the aerial base, but my problem is the receiever is shot.

Dealer wants £55+vat for a new unit and says it needs coding to car, another cost again.

Any one replaced one ? plug an go ?, thinking of niping via my breakers to see if i can find a good clean 1,have studied the circuit board, and its full of resistors, the multiplug only has 3 wires to it, so i doubt that it needs coding to car.

Views greatly appreaited, cheers andy

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
should not need coding if its just the receiver unit on its own.
do you know the part number ?
also try cleaning it and drying it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, the area around the 3 optics was heavily coroded, this has gently been cleaned away, the unit is BONE dry, im pretty sure the unit is past reclaiming, will give it another go on monday after work, will still give my local breakers a walk round and see if there are any clean 1's around, cheers andy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my local had 8 clio's :d, and guess what, yep, all receivers gone, apart from the one still fitted still sitting on back of the wagon just been collected, bagged it, paid .... yyyiipppeeee :d

PLug an play £10

1 - 4 of 4 Posts