Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is to do with fuel pump electrics. The car will prime start straight away run 1 second stall. Every time so its obviously using the fuel from priming and running out as no more fuel getting to it. Just don't know where to start on what tells pump to run. Any help be appreciated

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,704 Posts
I thnk you are looking in the wrong direction.
Fuel pump operates until a pressure switch in the line says enough. Or on some, the pump simply stalls.
As the engine runs, the fuel in line is used, pressure switch calls for more, pump runs.
Rinse and repeat.

If the pump is operating when starting and it is starting, again and again, no real reason to suspect pressure switch or pump.

When a car starts, it uses default (learned values) and ignores various sensors until it has started.
Once the ECU decides it is stable, it starts to use sensors to fine tune and run, I would be more suspicious of one of them.
Which is a different matter and may need a decent diagnostic to sort out.

Any warnings on dash?
Have you tried any sort of diagnostic scanner?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No warning lights. It did this once before but ended up running. Got no diagnostics. I've got a horrible feeling some debris may have gone into inlet manifold under throttle body as rubbers had totally perished and holes in so running without air filter and had to remove rubber between throttle assembly and manifold and push throttle body down and turn until in correct position screwed down air filter to hold in position.i know this is a bodge at moment but it ran like that for few hundred miles.but then just stopped and won't run. I'm sure must have something to do with throttle assembly. Does that control pump directly or just flow of fuel and air? Should have mentioned all this in first place!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts