Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 clio 172 is not starting, the engine will turn over about 4 times then stop. I have used a fault reader and no faults were stored. The immobiliser light stays on when turning over. I have checked the relays in the engine bay (common fault apparently) and didnt find signs if water damage.

Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
you will need to get the injection ecu checked , had lots with your symptoms and its usually a voltage drop on the actuator relay from the ecu wiring. if you give the loom a wiggle and try again you may find it starts working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies.........

ive removed and cleaned up the tdc sensor but still no joy, ive removed the engine ecu cover and played about with the wiring harness but still the same!

·
Registered
4 Posts
When I had very much the sam problem it was the wiring loom on the back of the TDC sensor. I ended up getting the misses to turn the key in the ignition while I squeezed the wires in the back of the sensor. Fired up every time and when I stopped squeezing it would turn over but not fire until eventually it just wouldn't turn over at all. Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
If you have the immobiliser light on constant you have lost a supply to the injection ECU, try swap the relays around or lift up the relay housing and check the wiring underneath, worth giving them a slight tug as the can break about 9 inches into the engine loom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.